Benefits Of Owning An Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Most people's idea of a vacuum cleaner is usually the upright type, as this is the most common type around. There are many reasons why, since the upright style vacuum offers several benefits. Although this original vacuum cleaner configuration has its drawbacks, which have led, in part, to the development of new vacuum cleaner types, the existing models nowadays have improved a lot and are now considered as excellent investments for the home and office.
The upright vacuum cleaner is usually compared to the canister type vacuum. Even at first glance, it is easy to see the main benefits that the upright type has over its close competitor. While the canister type vacuum requires you to bend down while cleaning, the upright model is much easier to use and puts less strain on your back. Since you simply have to push the appliance along in front of you, cleaning your home or office does not have to be bad for your posture. With this kind of vacuum cleaner, there's no need to dread your cleaning tasks since you don't have to deal with back pain afterwards.
The upright vacuum is also easier to maneuver since there are no long hoses to worry about. And if you need to change the settings to match the change from hard surface flooring to carpeted flooring, you can do so without having to change the cleaning head; in fact, some models actually make the switch automatically thanks to built-in sensors.
Although the canister type vacuum is known for its versatility, the upright vacuum is known for its sheer ease of use. From the moment you have to turn the machine on, you will find that it's so much easier to operate. Most upright vacuums nowadays have on/off switches located on their handles, while some use convenient foot levers that allow you to turn the machine on using your foot. Both options are generally much easier and is faster than having to turn on the switch on a canister vacuum's barrel then having to pick up the cleaning hose. An upright, therefore, will have you cleaning away in no time.
Most people say that the canister vacuum is easier to store, but just one look at all the newer upright models on the market and you will see that this is no longer true. A lot of upright vacuum cleaners nowadays are actually quite compact. They come in a single cylinder that is surprisingly easy to store. In fact, when you're done cleaning, you don't have to take extra time in winding up your cleaning hose. Just turn the machine off and park it in the garage or cupboard.
Above all, thanks to technology, many great upright vacuum cleaners nowadays pack in the power to clean thoroughly. In fact, most models are equipped with HEPA filtration systems that guard against allergens. With the help of such technologies, the upright vacuum can clean up your home just as thoroughly as a central vacuum system. All it takes is the right brand, the right model, and the right motor power that matches the size of your home and office.
As homes get smaller, household closets are getting cramped. But that nothing to worry about! Some of the latest household products such as vacuum cleaners are designed for compact storage systems, while a few others are a combination of canister as well as upright features. More effective, efficient, and giving excellent cleaning performance, these household vacuums are designed to last and kills germs, besides other promising features.
However, the one question that may bring a frown to your forehead could be: "Canister or upright, which household vacuum cleaner is right for me?" Why fret, let's find out what are the differences between canister vacuums and upright vacuums so that you can buy the right one for your home.
1.. Size of your home
2. Types of surfaces to be cleaned (woolen: carpets, fabric: sofas & curtains, wooden floors etc)
3. Amount of dust in your home (children, pets like dogs, cats, etc contribute towards more than regular amount of dust)
4. Frequency of use (everyday, alternate days, weekly, etc)
5. Space available for storing the vacuum cleaner
7. Features: self cleaning filter, HEPA, etc.
Typically, you will find that a good brand of vacuum cleaner can be yours for within $400.
Types of Household Vacuums
There are more than 2 types of household vacuum cleaners. Canisters, upright, central, robotic vacuum cleaners are the more popular types. However, we'll discuss the two most popular types: canister and upright vacuum cleaners in this article.
Canisters and uprights have been rivals for long. So far, people who wanted to clean hard surfaces opted for canister vacuums. However, now it's pretty much a level playing field.
Pros of Canister Vacuums
1. Today's canister vacuum cleaners come with attachments that make it easy to clean hardwood, stone surfaces and carpeted floors.
2. They also come with other attachments that make it easy to clean upholstery, curtains, and stairs.
3. They are compact, stylish, and powerful.
4. Canister vacuums can easily get under furniture, around difficult corners etc because of their ease of handling.
5. They give a quiet performance and don't hurt the ears.
6. With a canister vacuum cleaner you only need to move the power-head and the hose around, without moving the entire machine.
7. They have many valuable features that are worth their price
8. They have a dual-part design that makes them easy to move within the house
9. Canisters have a powerful sucking action that allows for removal of dust and dirt even in the smallest of spaces.
10.You can easily dump out the dust bag and not have to deal with the dirt you just cleaned. Some canister models are bagless.
11.Household vacuum cleaners like canisters are more focused on providing customers an efficient and hard working motor.
Cons of Canister Vacuums
1. They are slightly heavier as compared with upright vacuums.
2. The hose and the wand can make storing the canister vacuums tricky
3. They are more expensive than upright vacuum cleaners
One of the most popular household vacuum cleaners; uprights are considered the traditional type of cleaners. They come out before canister vacuum cleaners.
Pros of Upright Vacuums
1. Most classic or traditional type of household vacuum
2. They are easier to store
3. Are small in size and shape
4. Provide a wider cleaning area than canister vacuums
5. Excellent for cleaning plush, deep carpets
6. Household vacuum cleaners like uprights are lightweight and convenient to carry.
7. Have a very powerful motor action for better suction
8. High quality uprights have larger dirt bag capacity and thus can hold large amount of dust and dirt with any spill-over.
9. Comes with long cord, extra tools for different types of cleaning requirements
10.Requires little maintenance
11.Cheaper in price as compared with canister vacuums
Cons of Upright Vacuum
1. Very noisy operation
2. Need to carry entire machine to get work done
Things to Remember Before Buying A Household Vacuum Cleaner
Some of the things you must keep in mind before you pay for a vacuum cleaner are:
1. Easy to carrying around. Some models may be easier to carry in the showroom, but make sure they are easy to lug around in your home, especially if you are buying an upright unit.
2. Most vacuums come with HEPA filters. However, double check to make sure that yours has a HEPA filter or not.
3. Decide on whether you want a bagless or bag vacuum cleaner. Bagless vacuums are more expensive. Bag vacuum cleaners are easy to use as well, and you won't have to dump out the dirt and dust on regular basis.
4. Before you buy a vacuum cleaner, you must check out the amount of noise its motor produces. Don't buy a vacuum cleaner that makes more than 80 decibels of noise as this can be damaging for your ears. Buy canister vacuums to protect your ears.
5. Price and style. These two have got to be the most important things to look for before buying your household vacuum cleaner. There are many stylish, compact and cheap cleaners in the market. Buy the one that you like and that offers you a good mix of features and quality for a fair price.
The Last Word
If you are not tight for space or money, go for canister vacuum cleaners. Stylish, effective, powerful, functional, and long lasting canister vacuum cleaners are noiseless and make vacuuming the house an easy chore. On the other hand, upright units are preferred for their ease of storage and economical pricing.