Central Vacuum Bags, Filters & Maintenance
Central Vacuum Maintenance
Regular maintenance is the key to a Long Healthy life for You and your Central Vacuum
A central vacuum system can make your life much easier. Not only do they provide powerful suction, but they also eliminate the need to lug around a heavy vacuum cleaner. However, like any appliance, central vacuums require regular maintenance to keep them running smoothly.
Here are four reasons why you should regularly maintain your central vacuum:
- To prevent clogs - One of the most common problems with central vacuums is clogging. Over time, dirt and debris can build up in the hose or powerhead, resulting in reduced suction. To prevent this from happening, be sure to empty the dustbin after each use and clean out the hose and powerhead regularly.
- To extend the lifespan of the vacuum - With regular maintenance, you can extend the lifespan of your central vacuum. Just like any other appliance, central vacuums that are not maintained will break down more quickly. By taking care of your vacuum, you can enjoy years of hassle-free use.
- To improve performance - When your central vacuum is clogged or dirty, it doesn’t work as well as it should. Regular maintenance will help to ensure that your vacuum is always performing at its best.
- To save money - Replacing a central vacuum can be expensive. By taking care of your existing vacuum, you can avoid the cost of having to purchase a new one prematurely. Call us at 800.322.2965!
Your central vacuum is a big investment and it’s important to take care of it. There are a few key maintenance items that you should keep on hand to ensure that your vacuum stays in top shape.
- Vacuum Bags: Be sure to purchase the right size and type of bag for your vacuum. Bags should be changed regularly – typically every 3-6 months depending on use.
- Vacuum Filters: Filters help to keep your vacuum’s motor running smoothly and efficiently. Be sure to check your manufacturer’s recommendations for how often to change or clean your filters.
- Vacuum Belts: Belts should be checked regularly for wear and tear and replaced as needed. Depending on your model of vacuum, you may need to replace the roller brush along with the belt.
- Cleaning Products: A good-quality vacuum cleaner will come with a variety of attachments and cleaning products specifically designed for use with the machine. These products can help extend the life of your vacuum by keeping it clean and free of debris.
- Mufflers: Mufflers help to reduce noise and vibration from the vacuum’s motor. They should be checked regularly for wear and replaced as needed.
- Roller Brushes: The rollers on the bottom of your vacuum help to agitate the floor and loosen dirt and debris. They should be checked regularly for wear and replaced as needed.
By following these simple tips, you can keep your central vacuum running smoothly for years to come.