SEBO Upright or Canister Vacuum: Which Is Right for You?
Whether you are a first-time vacuum cleaner buyer or need a replacement for your old one, do you know which type is best for your household needs? Uprights are the most common models found in today’s homes but don’t overlook the benefits of a canister vacuum. Both have their pros and cons, and the choice depends on your personal circumstances and preferences.
What to Consider Before You Buy a SEBO Vacuum
One of the first considerations is how much money do you have to spend? You can purchase an inexpensive model, but don’t expect it to last but a few years. Most likely, it will not clean as well as a leading brand because it is less powerful and comes with few tools. Many people find it’s not cost-effective to keep purchasing a “cheap” vacuum every few years when a better appliance can last eight or more years. Keep the following in mind to help make the selection:
- Consider your physical condition. Can you push or pull a heavy vacuum, or do you need a lightweight model? You want one that is easily maneuvered for all cleaning jobs.
- Do you want a bagless or bag vacuum cleaner? Bagless models are more expensive, and both are easy to use.
- How clean do you want your home air to be? HEPA filters do a better job of removing all size particles of dust, dirt, pet dander, allergens, and other debris.
- Some vacuums are noisier than others. It’s better to purchase a model that creates less than 80 decibels of noise, or it may damage your ears. Canister models are quieter than upright vacuums.
- Do you want a stylish model, or does that matter to you? Canister models tend to be more stylish and powerful than upright vacuums.
- Upright models are less expensive and take up less storage room.
These questions and comments should initially help in the decision. Keep reading for more detailed pros and cons of these two types of vacuum cleaners. These vacuuming tips will come in handy month after month.
Why Homeowners Like Upright Vacuums
Upright vacuums are considered the conventional types of cleaners and are found in all vacuum stores. They are excellent for cleaning deep or plush carpeted floors and come with long cords to reach across rooms. Additional pros include:
- They are small in size and shape, and can be purchased in lightweight models.
- Uprights cover a larger/wider cleaning area than canister models.
- High-quality brands have a larger dirtbag capacity and need emptying less often.
- Leading brands have a powerful motor for better cleaning.
- Moving from carpets to hard floors can be controlled with your foot.
- Their motorized brushes pick up everything from the floors.
- They hold extra tools onboard and require less maintenance than canister vacs.
There are a few cons that come with an upright vacuum cleaner. They are the noisiest type of cleaner, and the entire unit must be carried up and down stairs. Their reach is less than that of canister vacuum cleaners, and they are less effective when cleaning hard-to-reach places.
Canister Vacuums Are a Viable Choice
Canister vacuums are focused on providing homeowners an efficient and effective powerful motor for deep cleaning. We’ve touched on some of their benefits, and now we can go into more detail to help with your decision:
- Canister models are much quieter, and most people appreciate this feature.
- They make cleaning under and around furniture and tight places easier.
- Canister vacuums are ideal for hard floors such as wood, tile, and stone.
- They have a two-design that allows easy movement within the house.
- Their longer hoses allow more reach across the room and in tight places.
- Many specialized tools, attachments, and accessories are available for cleaning stairs, upholstery, curtains, blinds, and fans.
- They are stylish, compact, have large dirt collection capacities, and are easily cleaned.
Think about their cons that include being heavier than upright vacuums, bulkier to store, and are most expensive than upright models. Typically, you must attach some accessories before you begin cleaning. Some users don’t like to drag the canister behind them because they accidentally bump furniture, corners, and baseboards. You must bend over more often to change attachments, which is trouble for people with back or leg pains.
Find the Best Prices Online
Your best opportunity for expert advice, high-quality vacuums, and finding the best prices are with ThinkVacuums.com. Our extensive lines of upright, canister, and central vacuums are unsurpassed. We can match your household cleaning needs with the right equipment, tools, attachments, and accessories to do a perfect cleaning job each time you use them.
Our website is packed with information to help make the right decision for your home’s cleaning needs. If you have any questions, call 1.800.322.2965 to talk with one of our vacuum cleaner specialists today.