Types Of Hose Connections

Here you will find a detailed description of two of the most common central vacuum inlet valves in the central vacuum industry. These descriptions will guide you in selecting the proper connection for your hose. The pigtail or direct connect hoses are designed to insert into the inlets seen here that measure a standard 1 ½ inch diameter opening. If you have a Budd, Kenmore, Sears, Vacuflo, or Black & Decker in home vacuum, your inlets may not accept the universal pigtail or direct connect style hoses. If your inlet valves look different from what is pictured here please contact our friendly and knowledgeable staff for assistance @ 1800.322.2965. We are Americas Vacuum Headquarters, and will proudly help you to locate the proper hose for your central vacuum system. 

Pigtail Connection (Standard or Universal Style Inlet)

This standard inlet is the most common type used in 99% of all homes today. If you are going to be using an electric power (carpet) nozzle, you will have to plug the 6 ft. pigtail cord into a nearby 110 volt outlet.

PigTail Connection

Standard Connect Inlets (Universal) - Color Choices: White or Ivory

Direct Connect Inlet

These inlets requires low voltage and a 110 voltage Romex wire when installing under new construction. The hose used for this inlet will have low voltage signal and also have 2 prongs on top of the hose, when pushed in at the same time will than activate your carpet nozzle. Style CI358


Color Choices: White or Ivory

READ IMPORTANT: If you have a Budd, Kenmore, Sears, or a Vacuflo power unit, select your brand from the list. These vacuum brands do NOT come standard with a 1.5" diameter hose end found on most other central vacuum systems.