A Guide to Central Vacuum Cleaner Bag and Filters Maintenance
Table of contents
For filtration with your vacuum cleaner, hold down the reset button for 1 second. For many regular models, the unit should generally work as soon as it is reconnected.
Disposable Bag and Filter Replacement
You should change the vacuum bag when full. The frequency will rely on the use of the unit and the monitor will indicate when to replace the bag. These indications are provided by an electronic timing board, only as a reference manual.
- To access the bag, unlatch the clips, and eliminate the dust receptacle. Eliminate the used bag and seal bag opening (adhesive seal provided on each bag). Abandon used bag.
- Install the new bag, making sure the tabs on the bag adaptor are aligned with the slots in the bag collar.
- Ensure satisfactory sealing by inserting bag as far as retention ring (A). Rotate bag 20° (B) to make sure tabs on bag adaptor are no longer aligned with the slots in the bag collar. Place the dust receptacle back in place and seal by latching both clips.
Even though many vacuum bags come with a universal operating procedure, some have different makes. So, If the above steps don’t work for you, try this:
- To access bag, remove the power unit top cover. Remove the used bag and seal bag opening (adhesive seal provided on each bag). Abandon used bag. Install the new bag, ensuring the tabs on the bag adaptor are associated with the slots in the bag collar.
- Certify adequate sealing by inserting bag as far as retention ring (A). Rotate bag 20° (B) to ensure tabs on bag adaptor are no longer aligned with the slots in the bag collar.
- The disc-shaped filter, located between the dust bag and the motor, should be replaced after three bags replacement (45 hours of use), or more often, as needed.
How to Change the Carbon Dust Filter
We recommend replacing carbon dust filters after three bag replacements or after 45 hours of use. For central vacuums with DataSync technology, the monitor will indicate when to replace the filter. An electronic timing board provides these indications only as a reference direction.
- Unlatch the opening on the carbon filter case and moderately lift it upward.
- Remove the used filter and abandon.
- Insert the new filter. When doing so, make sure that the arrow printed on the filter itself points outwards. Close case, and latch.
Hybrid Filtration Maintenance
One of the surest ways of keeping your vacuum at peak performance is through regular maintenance: Follow these steps:
Use with Bag
Change the bag when full. Frequency will be based on the use of the unit. For the Hybrid filtration with DataSync technology, the DataSync monitor will specify when to modify the bag. These suggestions are provided by an electronic timing board, only as a reference guide. For maintenance directives, please refer to the section: Disposable bags and filter replacement.
Use Without Bag
We recommend you empty the dust receptacle and clean the permanent filter every season, depending on the use of your central vacuum.
- To empty the dust receptacle: Separate the unit from the electric outlet. Unlatch the two clips, remove the repository, and empty it into a suitable container.
- To clean the permanent filter:
- Don't remove the filter
- Wrap the filter and the lower portion of the unit body within a big plastic bag. Hold it firmly around the unit with one hand
- With your other hand, moderately shake the filter
- Wait a few seconds for the dust to settle before confiscating the plastic bag
Replace the dust receptacle and seal using two clips. Re-join the unit to the electric outlet.
Permanent Filter Upkeep
This drum-shaped filter needs no maintenance. The approved dealer will be checked when you have the vacuum power unit inspected, after approximately 500 hours of use.